Thursday, October 23, 2008

I know... I know...

It has been awhile since my last post; so here's what's up:

I have left the Obama Campaign and helped to start a grassroots organization here in Cincinnati - our focus is on getting people out to the polls to take part in the early voting opportunities here in Ohio.

We have been running a shuttle to the early voting location from the University of Cincinnati Campus, Avondale and Over The Rhine. Over the Rhine and Avondale are two lower income neighborhoods that are really excited about voting and respectful of our efforts...

We have found and trained team leaders and helped them to build their teams - It has been really rewarding to see these experienced people grow (one is a UC grad and the VP of Hip Hop Congress - though busting open the Avondale shuttle market has been a stretch for her).

I hope this made sense - The jist of it was;
I left the Obama campaign
We are running a shuttle to help people vote early
Grassroots organizing is fun
Grassroots organizing is a lot of work
I'm going to bed
Goodnight;)

No comments: