Well Almost... I leave Wednesday, so I still have some time
This last week has really left me realizing the need for more frequent postings, to avoid the boring list of forgotten milestones that follows;
I finished cleaning up my work and put in my last day at my job
I had my first TV interview - I'll post the link once it's up!
I spent the weekend volunteering for a conference on deliberative democracy related to climate change (http://albertaclimate.ning.com/)
I packed up and moved my stuff into storage
And I finalized my housing arrangements for Cincinnati.
"Wait; did he say Cincinnati!?"
"He definitely just said Cincinnati"
"where does Cincinnati fit into all of this?"
Well though side projects focused on organizational efficiency, community leadership and the dissemination of decision making knowledge I have realized that I have a passion for democracy.
Democracy as the respect for others opinions and ideas and the value that is added through divergent positions. This passion for democracy led me to think - hey, there is a US election going on... I'll be in the US for the final month leading up to the election!... How can I learn about the US Presidential System?
The answer was obvious - Get Involved! and somehow this desire to get involved let me to Cincinnati...
Until October 7 I will be volunteering for Vote Today Ohio! as we take advantage of Golden Week (look it up;)
J~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment